Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Regional bias? Not so much.

So, I live in Chicago.
This means that, as I watch play by play updates on the Red Sox game on my computer, I get to watch the Yankees/White Sox game on TV. Truth be told, this is not much of a tradeoff for me.

I find myself yelling at my tv (showing a 2-0 Yanks lead) "I thought we had a deal, Fuckers! We win, you win the next year. Then WE win this year again!!! Oh C'mon!!!!!!"
At least, that was the deal I had with my die hard White Sox buddy.

Guess I got my voice back. There's something to be said for kicking a flu. Still left with the bronchial cough, but at least I'm upright for more than two hours at a time for the first time in days.


Well, yelling did something, now it's 2-1.

Go Sox! Both kinds!


Postscript: I really want to hold on til the end of both games but just don't have it in me. Still convalescing. Still sick. Still desperately need to be horizontal (unfortunately, not in the good way) so I'm going to bed. Both Sox are losing with plenty of game left to happen, so I'm hoping to wake up to find at least one (preferably both) team(s) successful. I mean, for cryin' out loud, it's KC!!!!

'Night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I understand your hurt. I always do. Maybe at the end of August, tied for first (!!!), we'll all feel better. Thanks for your support. It's been a tough time on my blog with the "anonymous idiot" commenter. But he's gone! I so hope. Take care Jess. Your fan, Peter.

8/09/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ah Peter, I can only hope that your prognostication skills are in tact.
I'm all for a tie come the end of August.

I'm remaining ever faithful, ever cautiously optimistic.

8/09/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And then there was last night (I talkin' Wednesday). Read my post about it only getting better. Or were those just words written by a couple kids in their mid-twenties? We'll see. Won't we, Curt, with a Paps save. Tonight!

8/10/2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home