Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Is next Tuesday over yet?

Let me preface this by saying that I have voted in every election held since I was old enough to vote.
I will vote again this Tuesday, but goddamn, if ever there were a reason not to, it's the spiteful feelings generated by all the political attack ads currently airing on television.

Maybe I'm wrong but, for the most part, unless there's some specific issue of contention, lots of people vote the party line and aren't ultimately swayed by attack ads paid for by the other party.

I don't know how it's going in other states, but right now in Chicago there are so many ads airing against varying candidates for varying offices that a full 2/3 of all commercial time (and I'm just guessing, of course) is being used for negative campaigning. I'm so stinking sick of it.

I'll admit to having been apathetic at times in the past, but right now I'm just getting downright spiteful. I don't want to vote for anyone locally, and I don't want anyone else to either, but I will, of course.

Jeez, ok, just had to gripe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Write in!

I voted for my receptionist for senator, another workmate at secretary of state, my roommate for something and another friend for coroner. I think Logan's Dave would make a good coroner. Or at least have good qwips at the bar about his job.

11/01/2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

You ain't the only one who is sick of these ads. But here in CT. there are a few very intriguing races, led by the Joe Leiberman foray into independentness. Take care Jess!!!!

11/02/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

i hate those ads to good thing i am not old enough to vote:)
-kaylee

11/03/2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Missin' you, and your posts..

11/06/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home