Friday, December 15, 2006

As Close as I Get to Faith

I'm not a religious person and, admittedly, not a terribly spiritual one.
I've long held that I don't believe in an afterlife, adding however that, my life extends as long as there are those who knew me or were affected by something I had done.

Then, several years ago, I read a short story in the New Yorker that crystallized it perfectly for me. It basically illustrated that thought exactly as I had thought it.

Then I lost the issue and forgot about it.

Since then, I've tried to track it down but couldn't remember the name or the author, or issue, etc.

Found it today.

Really is a good read. I've already printed it out to avoid losing it again, and am offering it up as my recommended reading for the day.

Here it is. Enjoy!

And oh yeah, Happy Hannukah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

And you too...l'chaim.

12/18/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home