Monday, January 08, 2007

Still giggly

Yesterday was a weird, yet wonderful day. My cheeks are still a little sore from laughing and smiling. A nice change, I must admit.

So, I'm at the Globe watching football with John.
John is a football friend, which is to say that we only know each other at the bar, on Sundays. Here's the catch.
He's a Jets fan. Pretty much as psychotic about them as I am about the Patriots.

Earlier in the season, our teams played each other, we bet a drink.
I won the first one, he won the second. Yesterday was the rubber match. No bet, only honor.

Initially, he was just ecstatic that his team made the postseason and that was enough. Of course that lasted until yesterday.

I felt really bad for him, not the Jets, I'll always hate them, as with the Dolphins and so on and so forth.
Did I mention it was his birthday yesterday too? Yeah, felt really bad.

So we're sitting, watching, I'm restraining myself. Sitting patiently as he calls his brother to chant that damn JETS chant when they took the lead. Sat quietly again as my boys retook the lead.
Found myself apologizing to him when we intercepted the ball for another touchdown.

He then left, I then celebrated.

Went home, had some coffee, watched a little Star Trek and back to the Globe went I, for the holiday party.

It was a super fun, super drunk, late night.
There was dancing. On the bar. By me and others.
It was almost a little debaucherous, I have to say. I'm just sorry I didn't bring my camera, so no evidence or blackmail fodder will be found here.

So, on to San Diego with the Patriots, and on to the gym with me. I could use a little detox workout.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I'm glad you're happy! And you see? I'm here almost every day. Take care Jess....

1/09/2007 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home