Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ahhh, winter in the city

As I write this, I can hear a car outside, spinning it's wheels, trying to extract itself from the snow laden curb to which it is attached.
I'd go out and help, really I would, but A - I already did that twice today - it's cold out there! and B - I've transitioned into nighttime loungewear, thoroughly ill-equipped to go out and provide assistance.
In fact, I'm guessing that, by the time I'm done with this post, said motorist will be free and along his or her way towards whatever their final destination may be.

Bottom line, it's days like today that I truly appreciate living in a city.
The Captain Jessmobile is still buried under snow, next to snow, abutted by snow and would require considerable effort to remove, only to find the spot taken once returned to.
That said, I'm glad I can walk a mere block and change to a CVS. Granted, not a grocery store, but still enough to tide me over until the good sun does it's work and allows me access to my car.

If nothing else, I can wait until the weekend when there will be more parking spaces awaiting me upon my return from whatever grocery trip I may pursue.
See, the thing is, I live about a block and change away from a train stop so, during the day, the available parking spots are quickly harvested by those from outside the neighborhood who descend to shorten their journey to and from the train.

I'm patient.
I'll wait.
And in the meantime, here's to frozen veggies and half cases of diet soda.

And.....the motorist has been freed.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home