Sunday, February 04, 2007

Yep, "The Bears Still Suck"

I haven't heard that song in years and, chances are, I won't be hearing it around these parts any time soon.
My buddy Tom used to play it from time to time while DJ'ing at a bar I went to while living in St. Paul, MN, just to cheer up the Vikings fans there. Plus, he's a die-hard Packer-Backer, so, cheered him up too.

The first half was as fun and exciting a Super Bowl half as I've seen in years.
The second half? Not so much.

"the pride and joy
of Illinois"

Again, not so much.

Ah well.
Again, don't really care.
Still, pissed off the Colts won, and even more so that Peyton "What's in it for me via commercials?" Manning won MVP. Shoulda given it to the Bears lack of offense. Or to Dungy, but that's just me. Frickin' tool.

Part of me is OK with the Bears losing for purely spiteful reasons, as ashamed as I am to admit it.
Fact of the matter is - my roommate is dating a psycho Bears fan.
That's not the problem. I actually like her a lot - although, admittedly, I can't listen to her voice for more than an hour at a stretch.
The problem stems from her complete stolidness with her fandom.
Case in point. I am, of course, a die-hard Red Sox and Patriots fan.
However - I am willing to root for the Bears when they are not playing the Pats and likewise for the White Sox when they are not playing the Red Sox.
She, on the other hand, adamantly declares hatred for both of my teams and is unwilling to even offer respect, if not appreciation.
This, my friends, makes me more than ok with the Bears losing.

Childish, I know. But, for lack of being intentionally, verbally rude, this is all I have to go on for the time being.

Enough. Football's officially over, unless you count (and who honestly does?) the Pro Bowl.

Goodnight Blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home