Sunday, February 18, 2007

One good thing about bad water pressure

Over the past week, the water pressure in my shower has gone from poor to non-existent.
This can be an issue when tackling the ever challenging Jew-fro.
My hair is an entity unto itself.
Especially in the summer, my friends and I refer to my hair as a separate being.
Case in point - 90 degrees out? "The Jew-fro is displeased." And, visibly, large.

Well, for lack of water pressure, I can barely get the water to penetrate my hair, let alone sufficiently clean, condition and rinse.

As a result, I sit here, some 14 hours later, with admittedly curly (duh) but curiously subdued hair.

This may not seem like a big deal to anyone but, for me, who wakes up with dredlocks on a daily basis, it's a damn revelation.
Clearly, not sufficiently rinsing my hair leaves residual schmutz that tames the savage beast that is my mane.

Nonetheless, other aspects of showering have definitely suffered. Like, say, rinsing off in general. Not to share to much but, my hair is not the only part of me with residue.

Landlord has been informed. Theoretically, despite the "holiday" a plumber will be arriving tomorrow to assist. I won't exactly be holding by breath but will, in the meantime, be showering exclusively at the gym.

Post Script - It's now Monday, 10:40AM.
All fixed.
All clean.
Fastest landlord turnaround time ever. A rare surprise and treat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

And I remember your days with no a/c! Hi Jess! I'm always here, invisible or not. Take care...Peter

2/20/2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home