Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Ice Storm Cometh

After three days of winter storm advisories and warning, the predicted ice storm has started.
Actually, it started about two hours ago.

Bottom line: I should've gotten things done today while it was still tolerable outside.
Uber gusty winds combined with living not too terribly far from Lake Michigan pretty much means that I'm not going to bother scraping the Salt Lick car of mine to run errands tomorrow.

But really, why would I want to? I have enough groceries to get by until the next warm up and, considering how I've embraced the sin of Sloth of late, it's not like I was going to go to the gym tomorrow anyway, although it had, albeit briefly, crossed my mind.
Besides, I've got prime parking real estate right now. Managed to snag a spot right outside my apartment, so why jeopardize that?

So, I'll be remaining a latch-key kid this weekend.
Not that I have the cash-flow to consider going out again anyway.
I've got pool league on Tuesday, so it's just as well that I reserve my currency for that outing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Hi..LK....Kid

2/25/2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home