Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Target Conspiracy

About a year ago, I bought one of those cheap, crane-neck, halogen bedside clip on lamps from Target.
Cheap, utilitarian, all good.
About a month ago, the bulb blew.
No problem, right?

Not so much. Not Jewel, not CVS, it seemed no one carried the replacement bulb. Including Target.
Surely they wanted me to simply buy another lamp instead.
Managed to find a lower wattage equivalent, but still, not the right bulb.
I dunno, made me a little snarky.

In general, I don't like running errands on the weekend as everyone else does and the stores are crowded.
However, it is only during the weekends that I can go out and still find a reasonable parking spot to walk home from upon my return.

Pit-stopped at Trader Joe's for my refueling of wine, yogurt, and berries for said yogurt.
An interesting place, TJ's. I love it, really, but on the weekends it seems to be populated not by the frugal shopper, but by those who frequent the CB2 next door and other higher end type shopping places.
As stated by the wife in an elderly couple in line behind me not too long ago, "The Yuppies are busy today."
Seemed about right.
I used to be one, you know, pre unemployment.
But now I seem to be a little more sensitive to them, with their Gapkids in tow, taking up space, taking far too long to deliberate the merits of Shrimp stir-fry vs. shrimp stir-fry with pasta and shrimp stir-fry with rice. But maybe it's just me.
Thankfully, I'm well aware of my TJ's staples and their locations and managed to get out of there without too much delay.
However, I did get called ma'am and didn't get carded, so felt a little deflated nonetheless.

In the end though, early daylight savings should prove good for my season effective disorder, and, of course, 58 degree weather with sunshine didn't hurt.
Think I might actually try going to the gym tomorrow. maybe my legs'll start working for me again.

All in all, in better spirits than I was last week.
Opening day is approaching, the Pats are making some pretty stellar off-season acquisitions.
I find myself cautiously optimistic again, even hopeful, if you can believe it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

We have a TJ's nearby too! And a Wild Oats, and a "something something"...I forgot....Stay well! Peter...

3/13/2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I do love my TJ's.
Plus I can walk there when it's nice out.

3/13/2007 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home