Monday, March 26, 2007

An ill-conceived plan

Woke up this morning a little hungover. Actually went out last night for fun, a rarity these days.
Well, today I was destined to pay for it.

However, it was a beautiful day and I felt the need to be somewhat productive, dammit.

Had my coffee, prepped my marinade and chicken for tonight's cooking, did my taxes and sat on the couch to watch tv.

Windows open. Birds chirping. Such a stinking beautiful day.
Ok, gotta do something. Can't be a slug on a day like this.

Decided to go for a walk.
Dumbass Jess.

It's 75 degrees out and sunny so, for those of you who know my condition and how it's affected by heat, you know it felt like 95-100 degrees out. But still I marched.

Decided to walk to the gym.
Forty-five minutes later, there I was.
Exhausted.
Didn't think to bring my train pass with me if I felt the need to have help getting back home.
Dumbass Jess.

Went inside, washed my face, drank some water and headed back out.
By this time, it feels like all the blood in my body is in my hands only.
They're burning, can't even bend my fingers. Not pleasant.

But I'm back, almost approaching room temperature, and headed back to the couch.

At least I got something done today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home