Monday, April 02, 2007

Red Sox, Red Sox, How I Love the Red Sox*

*Sung to the tune of "Fish Heads"

It's Opening Day!
I'm so unbelievable happy right now. Thus far, we're undefeated!
Of course, we don't play our first game til this afternoon.

At this point, I'm happy to be unemployed, because I get to go watch the game on TV in the afternoon. For lack of NESN, I'm glad ESPN had the presence of mind to broadcast the first Sox game of the season. Of course, they're showing the first Yankees game too, they mama didn't raise no dummy.

In any case, I've been giddy since last night, just thinking about it.
I'm not quite psycho yet, I mean, really, the season's just getting started - lot's of baseball to be played. But still, I can't help but think that Psycho Sportsfan Jess isn't too far away. She's been brewing every since football season ended so it's shouldn't be long now.

Anyway, off I go. Gonna try to be productive until this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be back later with happy results of the game.

Go Sox!


Postscript: So much for that. Crud. Yanks won, Sox lost. Not a good day. Schilling barely made it through four innings and some questionable base-running didn't help either.
Not a good day. Against KC, no less. Guh.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

We're here! It's, it's Monday! Frst pitch 3:10 your time...how will you watch the game? It's on ESPN (not here) and NESN (that's why). Do you get it on ESPN?? I so hope. Thanks for all your kind comments and just because you're you---a friend. Sometimes I feel so alone these recent days.
So, so thanks Jess. You make me smile! Peter, in grey and chilly CT. But soon to be heartwarming BOSTON RED SOX baseball time. Get back if you can...Pete, and thank you soooooooo much.

4/02/2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I don't have cable, but I do have a bar around the corner.
So, it's should be no problem to get someone to put one of the tv's on for me with volume.
Giddy!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
You're not alone, but I know how you feel.

4/02/2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Volume! YES! And thank you so much...I might even watch the Yankees in their futile attempt, in Hi-Def, to win today.....HAHA!
Thanks Jess...I never knew sadness coud become ALMOST happiness. Not yet, but I'm getting there. With friends like you....and I mean that so much.

4/02/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, I've been keeping track of the Yanks game online while I watch the Cubs game.
Yanks are losing, they already changed the pitcher in the 5th, and oh yeah, they already have two errors! (one by A-Rod, ah, the simple pleasures)

Hour and a half to go!

4/02/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

oops, make that three errors.

Just giddy.

4/02/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was hoping the Red Sox would come to Milwaukee this year and we could meet up. That, sadly, is not the case.

If you ever want to check out Miller Park, I'm game. The sausage races are worth the price of admission alone!

4/02/2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home