Monday, October 22, 2007

Big Game Hunters

Between the Red Sox and the Patriots, that was the best Sunday I've had in I don't know how long.

First the utter trouncing and show of domination by Brady and the Pats (he threw for 6 SIX TD's) against the now 0-7 Dolphins.

Then, after I had time to switch from Patriots gear to Red Sox gear, the completion of the down 3-1 comeback of my precious Sox. In the end, kicking the living shit out of the Indians. I almost feel sorry for them, they were so close. Almost.

Most enjoyable, I spent the last hour of the game on the phone with my brother and, through background noise, my sister-in-law, who is almost as stark raving mad about the Sox as I am.
For lack of fans in a bar, this was the best way for me to savor last night.
The two of us discussed our fantastic rookies and the huge impact they've had, our shared loathing of Julio Lugo - I mean really, has he been on the take this whole time? No? Really? You're sure?
And, in the end, screaming happily as we were all three of us tipsy and giddy as all get-out.
Your American League Champions, ladies and gentlemen.

*sigh* Happy sigh, by the way.
Oh, there you are, contentment bubble! I've missed you. Back in it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Geesh, the Red Sox don't screw around.

All Hail the Red Sox!

10/25/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

But now, Jess, it's Thursday morning, and I'm (we're?) walking on air! I hope all is well. Your blog friend Peter.

10/25/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

It's a fantastic Thursday morning, yes indeedy!
Well, it's afternoon, actually, thanks to staying out and basking longer than I should have.

10/25/2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/29/2007 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home