Friday, October 05, 2007

Catmas! And other things....


Today is Catmas, so here's the cutest picture I have of Mia.
She enjoys sitting on top of Dave's armoire, on top of the foam claw from the Chicago Wolves.
She's got spirit! Precious.
Now, to more important things.
Has anyone noticed that the Red Sox won game one of the ALDS? That Josh Beckett is a stud and a rock star? That Youk and Papi kick all kinds of ass?
Just checking.
oh, and the Yankees got rocked last night. Thank you Cleveland.
What else? I'm skimming over everything.
Yesterday was Dave's birthday and he was the proud recipient of a Wii, so I get to play with the new toy too. Pretty kick ass, what with the boxing, bowling, baseball and tennis action. I just might get some indoor excercise this winter.
Not that it feels like winter. Hi, it's the 5th of October with a high of 89 degrees!!!!! Guh.
Remember when you wouldn't need air conditioning after September? Me too.
Me, I'll be 33 in four days. Not doing much, I'll be heading out to pool league since that'll be the highest concentration of friends I'll have in one place at the same time. Haven't had a party since I was, oh, ten? So this is the next best thing. Then, of course, there will be the contentment bubble that is sushi sometime later in the week with a friend so it will be complete.
Brief, concise, and there you have it. Two ballgames to watch today. Hopefully the Yanks will get another drubbing from the Indians followed, again, hopefully, with Dice-K following Beckett's gem with one of his own.
Go Sox!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All Hail Cleveland!

Enjoy your birthday!

And your bet prize is in the mail.

10/05/2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks!
And hey, sorry for the way your team's season ended. Hopefully you're finding some comfort in how the Cubs' postseason is going, or rather, isn't.

10/05/2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't mind the Cubs at all. I just fucking hate the Cardinals.

If the Brewers can shore up their pitching, they'll be scary next year.

10/05/2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh, ok. I guess I just assumed, incorrectly, I might add.
Here's to next year.

10/05/2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Jess...I'm the perfect stranger! Seriously, at 3:07pm (2:07 your time, I think), we have something to look forward to! I loved the kittie pic! Peter, your always friend.

10/07/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WooooHOOOOOOO!!!! Adios Yankees!

10/09/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Woo hoo!
Great day in the morning!

10/09/2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home