Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Serenity...sometime? Soon? Please?

Resolved - I'm no longer fun when I drink.
Time for a serious break from booze.
I don't just mean cut back either, I think I really just need to stop for a bit.

I was out last night, watching the horrendous display of the Red Sox against, of all teams, the Royals. Had a few beers and, courtesy of my friend the bartender, a couple of shots.

No problem there. Had a good time chatting with her despite the ball game. It was nice to catch up since, due to the All Star break hadn't been out to see her and watch baseball in a good week and change.

Went then to my roommate's pub quiz to help if needed, and otherwise, to hang out.
Had one more beer. That's it.

So far so good. Had fun. Really. Good turnout, good quiz.

Pub quiz ended and an acquaintance/almost friend comes up to me and says "How've you been? Haven't seen you in a while."

For whatever reason, the floodgates opened. I suddenly spilled all this crap on him that I really had no business sharing and, before I knew it, I was crying.
Really pretty embarrassing. He clearly wasn't ready for it either, but was really kind and supportive/sympathetic.

I apologized and left and went to bed.

Honestly I don't know what's up. I know I needed to get those things off my chest, but I don't know why then and there and to him.
Haven't really had anyone to talk to lately, like really talk to, I guess. Kind of a caveat for being a homebody.

In any case, taking a break for a little while anyway.
Of course, next week I'll be headed to Massachusetts for a little family time on the Cape, and, as many people know, my family and I only really get along when lots of wine is involved, so we'll see.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Jess, hi! I've been too silent, and I miss you. And thoughts of how the Sox are stumbling and bumbling would make ANYONE mad!
Stay well, stay in touch, and stay happy. I always love reading you. That'll never change.

7/20/2007 8:47 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Just watch the Yankees play. That'll make you feel much better.

7/20/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks guys.
Peter, I've been extra absent/silent from your blog as well and for that I'm sorry.
But yeah, seriously, what the hell is up with our team????

Grrr. Ok, time to relax.
Now they're playing the Chicago Sox and so far things aren't much better. Think I'll have to get a lot of grief from the locals, at least until we win.

7/20/2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

You'd actually have to find a Chisox fan this late in the season for them to give you any grief, and I don't see that happening.

7/23/2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but my roommate's dating one so it's easy to find.
Of course, now that we won the last three against them, I think I'll be treading lightly around that subject.

7/23/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Just bring up the 7th inning from Saturday and that should shut up even the worst Chisox fan.

7/23/2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home