Monday, June 11, 2007

Semi-spendy lessons in cooking

In a renewed effort to lose weight and eat healthier, I've started cooking again.
A nice change since recent months have included quick mix packaged goods, take-out and, well, take-out.

I'm also trying to use different recipes and, hence, different ingredients.

What have I learned thus far?


1. You can get a plastic paper cut opening a container of low fat sour cream - the Royal right index finger is displeased.
2. I don't care for tilapia.
3. Salmon still rocks.

and

4. Jess, who are you kidding? Stick with chicken. It's a helluva lot cheaper and you already know how to cook it.

Although, I gotta admit, the low fat spinach/cheese/scallion portabellos I made tonight were pretty kick ass. But then, I had just eaten a piece of tilapia, so it might have only kicked ass by comparison.

That's it for now.
That's what you get. It's an off day in baseball and that's that.

I'll keep trying. I'll let you know if I find any wonder-recipes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I've become addicted in the last 2 weeks to grilling yet again. Give me a spatula and my Weber....great thngs happen! I hope this comment finds you happy and healthy. Your bloggy friend Peter.

6/18/2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Nothing beats grilling in the summertime. No grill here, nowhere to use it, really, so I'm left to my broiler and George Foreman plug in puppy. But it works.

Hope you're well.

6/18/2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home