Thursday, June 07, 2007

Timing is everything

Yesterday, I was freaking out because I'd heard that today was going to be over ninety degrees.
Said freak-out was a result of the AC being nonfunctional again, despite more than ten days passing since I'd informed the landlord.

What else? Well, the beloved Red Sox just sustained their longest losing streak of the season going into today.

What do these two things have in common? Both were resolved today.
The freon was topped off in the AC and Schilling pitched a gem of a game - a hit and an error away from perfection. Faboooooooo.

Beyond that, I have little to say these days.
I've kind of been hiding or at least hiding out in well air-conditioned establishments that show baseball although now that my current habitat is again inhabitable, we'll see how frequently I bother to update this here blog of mine.

One sour note, I just in the last few months met another local Red Sox kindred spirit - one who shares my extreme appreciation for sarcasm.
Unfortunately, the day nears when he leaves as well.
See, I don't know who he thinks he is, but really, getting married?! I mean, c'mon! And... AND....moving to Florida with his betrothed?!?!?!.
Sigh. Ah well. It's hella fun to watch games with him and, if nothing else, I know I have another email buddy where our beloved Sox are concerned.

Of course, I wish him well.
Enough of that. I'm still sober and have to do something about that.
G'night all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

It's Friday morning. I was hoping your a/c problems would be over...it's approaching 85 and humid here, but relief (??), they say, is on the way. I hope you'll be OK. Bloggy guy Peter. Your friend.

6/08/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Doing ok, temperature-wise.
AC is a wonderous thing.

6/10/2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home