Monday, July 23, 2007

Time for some inspiration

In other Red Sox news, Jon Lester is a very young (23)and promising (7-2 last season) pitcher for our team whose season got cut short last year when he was diagnosed with cancer.
Since then, he's gone through chemo, was declared cancer-free and has completed his return to the bigs.

He's our starting pitcher tonight, replacing the recently struggling Tavarez and I'll be headed to the bar to watch, of course. How could I not?

What can I say. Several members of my family have survived cancer (brother and father), others haven't(grandmother). In any case, to see someone so young go through it and come back, well, it's my feel-good story of the day.

It's also a good kick in my ass to stop feeling so damn sorry for myself and get back into my life.

So here's to it. Go Sox!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have to forget my own troubles, too. Over all, I have it pretty good.

On other news, my Crew is not performing up to snuff lately. Makes Pat sad. At least there will be a bottle of scotch to go around!

7/23/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I've noticed that, about your crew, that is. Well hey, at least the Cubs dropped two of three to the D-backs.

7/23/2007 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home