Tuesday, October 09, 2007

33

That would be today. 33. 33 years. Entering 34. Big whoop.

Moving right along.
RED SOX WIN THE ALDS!!!!! oh, and Yankees lose.
We begin our ALCS series against the Indians on Friday. Here's hoping.

In 2004 this week, I was excited that the Red Sox had just swept the Angels. Sound familiar?
All I could think was, "Wow, great birthday present!"
Then we dropped three games to the Yankees after which I thought, "Wait, that was all I was getting?"

Well. You know the rest. Greatest comeback ever by the Red Sox. Greatest collapse ever by the Yankees and the rest is history.
Here's hoping it repeats itself.

Today I'm feeling surprisingly spry. Went out last night to watch the Yankees game as well as football and began celebrating my birthday in earnest at 11PM, since that would be midnight on East Coast where I was born so, technically, that was my birthday commencement.
Now, of course, I was born at 6PM which means I will continue to celebrate until 5PM tomorrow. Make sense? Thought so.
In any case, drank far too much but had a such a great time hanging out with some fantastic people, fellow Sox fans and friends in general. But really, it's amazing how many shots I had and didn't become ill from.
Think I'll take it a little easier tonight. Pool league and all. Might just stick with beer.

On another note, although still alcohol related.
Received a most wonderful package in the mail today.
A beautiful bottle of scotch with a note attached reading "All hail the Red Sox!"
Best gift ever. The result of a friendly baseball wager but timed perfectly for me to feel extra happy on this day - Thanks Pat!

That's it for now.
Go Sox!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're very welcome and enjoy a shot for me. I fucking hate whiskey.

Happy belated birthday!

10/10/2007 10:39 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Will do!
Whiskey I don't enjoy so much, but Scotch! Well, scotch is something entirely different, at least to me. To be sipped and savored.
Especially now that it's actually a little chilly. Love it!

10/10/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home