Monday, October 15, 2007

What's wrong? Where to begin.

*sigh*

Sox lost again today. Now down 2-1 to Cleveland.
That's bad enough.
Crud. Sad. Distraught and annoyed as all get out that, despite the fact that Chicago is closer to Cleveland than to Boston, there were far, FAR too many people happy to see Cleveland win tonight.

Next up: My car's not working again.
Yes, it's the battery again. And yes, that's twice within less than a year. Thinking it's the alternator. Right, I can afford to get that fixed. Sure.

Next: Really not a big deal, but my VCR's not working. It either doesn't tape anything when I set the timer or it eats the tape. Small potatoes, but makes a shitty day craptacular. Got to come home to not have anything to watch and enjoy to take the anger edge off.

Next up: The flippin' CTA. That's Chicago Transit Authority.
They're shutting down (or very seriously threatening to shut down) boatloads of bus routes including, but definitely not limited to, the bus closest to my apartment which takes me south to my neurologist's office, not to mention any number of other places I need to get to, whether my car is working or not considering I can barely see well enough to risk driving these days. Gee, it'd be nice to be able to get to my neurologist's office about that, wouldn't it?

Ok, ok, ok. Time for the flip side.

Had a couple of consolation shots purchased for me tonight at the bar. Made the walk home easier.

The Patriots are kicking the living shit out of any team who dares face them.

I'm going out for sushi and sake tomorrow with a friend of mine as a belated birthday celebration, followed by another night of (hopefully) kicking ass at pool league with other friends of mine.

See what I did there? I'm trying, really I am to be glass half full here. I'm even leaving out everything that puts me basically on suicide watch on a daily basis. Really trying.
But, honestly, considering the whole suicide watch thing (not really kidding, unfortunately) it's a wonderful thing to have sports fandome. While it may seem trivial to some to rest one's daily emotions on the outcome of what is "just a game" to most, it's a comfort here.

Go Pats. Go Sox. Great googly moogly.

PostScript: Got one outta three on Tuesday. Sushi rocked. Pool and baseball both sucked and blew.
It's Thursday now, win or be done Sox. All on Beckett's more than capable shoulders.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home