Thursday, April 05, 2007

A New Home

What a great afternoon!!!

Went to a bar called Nic and Dino's (sorry, no web site for me to link to) about two miles south of my apartment for the game.
Approached the entrance to find a gigantic Red Sox flag hanging over the doorway.

I knew I'd found the right place.

Sure enough, Red Sox paraphernalia everywhere and an abundance of fans.

I sat down at the bar and ordered my vodka. A few minutes later one of the owners walked by, saw my Varitek t-shirt and said as he passed, "Tek's gotta find his bat."
"No shit, huh?" I replied. We chuckled and I knew I'd found my home.

Most people had taken the day off or a half-day to witness Dice-K's major league regular season debut.

He did not disappoint.
With the exception of one solo home run and a few other uneventful hits, he was fantastic.
Got himself out of a few jams, and a 1-2-3 strikeout 4th inning, and made it through seven innings.

All capped of with a save by the Papelbon.

Great day. Met some fun people.
So much more fun to watch a game when you're not the only one in the bar who cares.
Nice to not feel like a transplant.

So, that's it.

Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I wanna go there!!!!!!!!!!

4/07/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Pleeeeeeze?

4/07/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hey Peter!
Absolutely! But, you know, you'd have to be in Chicago first.

4/07/2007 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home