Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not a great night

Allow me to admit up front that I did not watch the game tonight, although I did witness via MLB.com the first two unfortunate and ultimate runs allowed by Dice-K tonight.

Fact of the matter is, I was having a particularly crappy health day today.
Managed to make dinner for the next three days but, bottom line, was having some serious mobility issues today.

To put it mildly, and, well, not to share too much, suppose I found I had to go to the bathroom at 11AM, well, having done that, finally made it back to bed around 1PM. Difficult to maneuver today.

In any case, was hobbling around and settling in for the night around 7:30 when my phone rang.
Yep, called in to sub for my pool team.

Got there around 8:30 and, of course, drank for free.
But, honestly, free booze matters little when every motion is excrutiating.
Put on my best/bravest face and simply told my teammates I had the flu when they asked me why I looked so ill.

All things considered, fared fairly well.
We only won four games tonight. Betweeen seven of us over fifteen games.
I won two of the four.

Kinda sad.
Ah well.

Hopefully, we'll all fare better next week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brave faces take a lot of energy. Hang in there.

4/18/2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Will do.
Considerably better today.
A little Vicodin plus a lot of sleep works wonders.

4/18/2007 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home